Which channel do you trust more?

A dedicated spot to discuss serious issues.
Brown Eyed Beauty
Advanced Member

Post by Brown Eyed Beauty » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:20 pm

Miss S u're completely right in saying media is biased. It should be the job of individuals to pick out the facts from fiction e.g CNN and FOXX are bias towards America

so dont believe everthing u hear folks xx
The world's not getting smaller, there's just less in it.

Senorita
Advanced Member

Post by Senorita » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:53 am

Yeah, I agree too.

:D

But I'd like to say that as an arab, the majority of the arab states consider Al-jazeera and Al-arabiya ( other major news channel ) to be trusted. That's probably because they are both not fully owned by regimes in power. Then when you turn to look at governmental property such as the BBC, and when looking at CNN ( i don't know who owns it ) you get the "westernised" view of a specific issue.

I would regularly watch both either Al-arabiya or Al-Jazeera and then watch BBC and CNN to get a less-bias, balanced interpretation of the issue, as both sides of channels appear to be more conservative about international issues, and as they are most of the time, on 1 side of the arguement, the bias views put together form a more neutral story.

And another site i trust alot is www.whatreallyhappened.com

their stuff makes sense, as they use this technique, the writers are also more neutral in their approach.
<b>You Must Carry A Chaos Inside You To Give Birth To A Dancing Star - Nietzsche</b>

shakil
Diamond Member

Post by shakil » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:22 pm

<span style='color:green'>I think BBC. To say the truth I've NEVER ever seen Al-Jazeerah news (maybe once or twice) so I shouldnt really be answering but still. BBC never lie - but they do say things that can and should be said which is another way of saying they biased, but thats only when it comes to all these terrorism things, but I'm talking about general news.

Is Al-Jazeerah even in english?

I think most people that are saying Al-Jazeerah here are only saying it beecause its a Muslim/Arab channel.</span>

krazzie_ammo
Gold Member

Post by krazzie_ammo » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:28 pm

President of the Ladoo Crew.

shakil
Diamond Member

Post by shakil » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:38 pm

cobra wrote: I trust Al-Jazeera even though i watch BBC more. This is because whenever theres exclusive news its always on Al-Jazeera first and news channels such as BBC take things from Al-Jazeera and you never see Al-Jazeera taking things from BBC.

<span style='color:green'>The only things Al-Jazeerah gets before BBC is the Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda stories, and thats because they closest to Al-Qaeda. Why would Al-Qaeda go upto BBC? Thats nothing to do with trusting more. And how are BBC copying Al-Jazeerah, I never remeber Al-Jazeerah broadcasting the news about when those two girls got killed by the school caretaker

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>They two different countries, Two different continents, Two different cultures, Two different languages - YOU CANT COMPARE THEM</span>
</span>

shakil
Diamond Member

Post by shakil » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:47 pm

<span style='color:green'>OK you lot are talking about when it's to do with terrorism and I'm talking about general news. I dunno which one she was talking about, maybe she should tell us so I know what I'm talking about.

Secondly, wheter BBC gets videos from AJ or not whats that to do with whos more reliable?
</span>

Senorita
Advanced Member

Post by Senorita » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:03 pm

That's very true.

They CONSTANTLY take footage preshown on Al-Jazeera, and you can even hear the arabic speakers in the background, with the english translation voicing over (so annoying when I'm trying to listen 8-) ).

BBC wouldn't exaggerate or lie about british born stories, because it is their nation and their people who will get the reputation. Whereas with muslims, they don't care and you cannot disagree, that they hate us Muslims, whatever background your from.

Oh and Shakil, welcome back :) Hajj makbool wa denb mukfoor :D

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>
Translation:-*Hoping your hajj has been accepted and sins forgiven*
</span>
<b>You Must Carry A Chaos Inside You To Give Birth To A Dancing Star - Nietzsche</b>

shakil
Diamond Member

Post by shakil » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:11 pm

<span style='color:green'>Tell me one thing, when you asked who do you trust more, did you mean in terms of the terrorism stories or just general news.

And when you say they say bad things about Muslims, they only have Muslim stories when its about terrorism, and when its about terrorism its bound to be bad. So really they not targetting Muslims they targetting terrorists who unfortunately are Muslims who think killing themselves is a good thing. Probably rotting in hell by now

btw I hope it is accepted coz if it is I get the sawab of 7 Hajj's
</span>

shakil
Diamond Member

Post by shakil » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:21 pm

<span style='color:gray'>Yeh I gotta agree with that. Everything I know about football is thanks to SS News. I make dua for them aswell 8) </span>

AmIrRrRr
Silver Member

Post by AmIrRrRr » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:47 pm

i dont trust any of them :P
Soon to be forum king ?мїя?я?я

cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:20 pm

Al-Jazeera always post 'breaking news' on terrorism..doesnt that make you think.....am sure there are other arabic channels or w/e but how comes wenever you check BBc they always copy images or videos from Al-Jazeera.i think the main question is How come Al-Jazeera always get to publish 'breaking news on terrorism' first :?

regarding which channel is trustworthy i don't think any of them are reliable because they all have views and try to portray their views in a different way :oops:

Platinum_Pwincess
Platinum Member

Post by Platinum_Pwincess » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:17 pm

I don't trust any of the channels. :shock:

- Jattilicious -
Settled In
Location: 22 samosa drive, pakora district (opposite jalebi junc) india!

Post by - Jattilicious - » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:20 am

i dont reali watch news chnnels i onli watch the basicz like bbc1 news bt i usually read newspaprs
ੴ char motio kya bhaiya, jeevat hai hazaar ੴ

۹ß ѓสj кสѓзgส kђสlšส ੴ

۹β (¯`°( υиštøpαвle Jαtti )°´¯) ۹β