Women vs Men and equal rights

A dedicated spot to discuss serious issues.
Traversit
AM Newbie

Women vs Men and equal rights

Post by Traversit » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:28 pm

Hello all on www.asianmix.net! This is always a touchy subject for me and my boyfriend. He believes that women should not make as much as man if she is going to have to leave her job when she gets pregnant.

Now I agree I think its important to take off even after a baby is born and take care of your child, however, I dont see how we should be penalized for it.

xx_Pretty_Princess_xx
AM Newbie

Post by xx_Pretty_Princess_xx » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:11 pm

<span style='color:green'><span style='font-family:Arial'>. . Well Tha Man Got Tha Woman Pregnant In Tha First Place So He Should Get Less Pay 4 Tha =P . . Lmfao Na . . If Shese Gud At Her Job She Should Get Paid Lotzzz =] . . And Not All Women Have Kidz Dese Daiz . . N a H i D X(",)X . . X</span></span>
<span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='color:green'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>* [[X . . P r e t t Y P r i n c e s S . . X]] *</span></span></span>

Brown Eyed Beauty
Advanced Member

Post by Brown Eyed Beauty » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:14 pm

Well you know what? Women can do anything men can do but we do it better :P

About women with career...i read something and i thought it was so true:

"Women only keep working and keep having careers so that they can afford IVF treatment when they realise it's too late to have kids"

LMFAO how true is that??
The world's not getting smaller, there's just less in it.

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:54 pm

<span style='color:pink'>Not very true lol.

Reason for careers is that - everyone should be independent if they ever need to be. After marriage, God forbid, if for whatever reason a woman has to raise her kids on her own, she should be able to. If she's too used to being a house-wife ever since going on maternity leave the first time, then she's kinda screwed relatively speaking.

It's not about how much money the man and woman make anyway.. it's about if they make enough as a team for their family and happiness.. they don't need to be millionnaires, they just got to know their family values come before money, and be comfortable with what they have.

But that's just my opinion. </span>
Remember where you heard it first - AsianMix.net

Brown Eyed Beauty
Advanced Member

Post by Brown Eyed Beauty » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:00 pm

Right i completely agree but who says women have to be tethered to their children? Ladies can have children, raise them to school age and then start working. My mum has currently started working and she is still independant and we (her children) aren't screwed up or anything...honest...

Independance doesn't mean being completely carefree and not having children. There are loads of women who are independant and who don't work or have careers. I'm not against women having careers, i think it's a great idea to have women working in the world too but, although this may sound orthodox and traditional, women CAN work, men CAN work but women CAN have kids and men CAN'T.

cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Wed May 09, 2007 6:25 pm

lol nicely put Ana this is such a touchy subject, men ahve such stereotypical views about women does get very annoying often but tkae a look at England. tis being run by the Queen - a woman -->so brapp women dont let your hopes down and ye i agree with all that Ana has sed sweetly put! :lol:

xZubdax

Post by xZubdax » Thu May 10, 2007 1:57 pm

Men An Women Are Equal!
Dads not better then Mum!
Mums not better then Dad!
Justt thought id say!

x Meenal x
Advanced Member

Post by x Meenal x » Mon May 28, 2007 2:18 am

Men and Women r tha same..

"the man earns money 4 the house and the women cooks, cleans and looks after children." this is how ppl bak in india live there lives!

well amm so happy i ent livin bak in India!..

in this multi-cultural society i think that men and women r becoming equal..

wot the women says goez!

x meenal x

shortydark
AM Newbie

Post by shortydark » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:51 pm

hey... i will be happy as hell if my wifey makes more then me..i have no problems wit dat...it only means we can have more finer things n enjoy life more....

i think men n women r equal wen it comes to most things...but i def. think da guy should def. do more or da "physical" work i guess....not even cuz i think women r weaker..i just think its da resppectful n more gentleman way to be...

cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:13 pm

at the end of the day men and women are human yeah nothing different abou that the whole 'physical thing' is not true look at women who are wrestlers etc i know what youre trying to say shortydark but i think the whole 'physical' ting is lyk made up from tradtitions from centuries ago :evil:

C.I.A
AM Newbie

Post by C.I.A » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:44 am

LOL tis a very touchy subject indeed and one that im sure will continue to run on many years 2 come! No matter how much men deny it they gona need a woman in their life at some point and same wiv women, although a man has 2 b grateful cos a woman gave birth 2 him not a man lol so technicali speakin women r inferior in that respect but like sum 1 sed b4 its not about hu is better ther both gud at what they do its jus they need 2 work 2getha and b a better team which is more important!

anyways do u knw that a woman hu is a housewife on average works 90 hours a week in the UK and is suupose 2 get on average 92 grand lol now how many men can say they earn more than that not me lol

cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:02 am

Behind every successful man there is a woman
just thought ill add that in....men and women are equal and this quote proves it :lol:

cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:48 am

tis a very touchy subject indeed and one that im sure will continue to run on many years 2 come!
not really.....over the past few decades mens attitudes towards women have changed rapidly..women have won the rights of equality so i think its incorrect to say that the same attitudes will continue to run on in many years to come because no i don't think it will:P.

Another point we could look at is that in UK the law has given men and women equal rights however in asian famillies women are still not treated with the same respect as men. Till this day there are so many women who are unaware of their rights! What do you think about this? :wink:

Brown Eyed Beauty
Advanced Member

Post by Brown Eyed Beauty » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:52 pm

Men and Women are equal but overall equal. In different fields of life they are always one ahead of the other (me just being realistic.. there is no exact 50/50 divide of anything really is there? ^o) ) when everything is taken into account, yes men and women are equal but you have to remember unfortunately women aren't completely accepted the same as men in society and in some jobs men are paid more than women.

However, looking at it from a different prospective. On average, women are allowed months of maternity leave whereas men are only allowed 2 weeks? Is this fair? Just because the man isn't the one whos physically pregnant, or going through the labour himself shouldn't they be allowed more time? People always point fingers at men who don't participate enough in taking care of their pregnant partners but do they get given the chance to?? :?

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:41 pm

Brown Eyed Beauty wrote: People always point fingers at men who don't participate enough in taking care of their pregnant partners but do they get given the chance to?? :?
More time to ...? Learn how to breastfeed?

I disagree. Any decent man doesn't need to learn to love his kids. From the new fathers I've seen and spoken to regularly, they can't wait to get home after work to hold their new baby, feed her/him, play with him/her, etc.

And as a husband/wife relationship evolves in to a more equal one nowadays (men doing housework too, women working too), not all men shy away from changing their kids nappy, or taking responsibility of everything to do with the kid on the weekend when his wife wants a break.

TEAM WORK! :) That's what makes a business flourish, and a family successful!
Remember where you heard it first - AsianMix.net