Save the world........or ouselves?

A dedicated spot to discuss serious issues.
Jaynesh
AM Newbie

Post by Jaynesh » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:09 pm

I always see topics on various forums about global warming and saving the world.

I always see news reports on global warming and saving the world.

I see it everywhere. Save the world! Save the world! Save the the world!

Its clever how they sentence it.

But i think its total CRAP!

We don't want to save the world, we want to save ourselves.

The world is fine. We're not. :angry:

What do you think?

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 am

<span style='color:pink'>People want to save the world cos they want to save themselves from hardship and their future generations I think.

So perhaps saving the world is saving ourselves too? It might be selfish to restrict yourself to only saving your life and not your kids'!</span>
Remember where you heard it first - AsianMix.net

krazzie_ammo
Gold Member

Post by krazzie_ammo » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:13 pm

ok...so i can understand wy everyone wants to save the world, may it be religious (stewardship), future generations, or the points that have already been said.

i personally don't see whats wrong with saving the world, the only people that will suffer is us and our future generations.

we've all seen the dystopian futures percieved in films, and we wouldn't want earth to look like that in the future.

on the other hand hand i can see why people can't be bothered, the effects will not be evident in everyday life for another 60/70 years.

and how much difference can one person really make?
President of the Ladoo Crew.

Jaynesh
AM Newbie

Post by Jaynesh » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:43 pm

People want to save the world cos they want to save themselves from hardship and their future generations I think.

So perhaps saving the world is saving ourselves too? It might be selfish to restrict yourself to only saving your life and not your kids'!

ok...so i can understand wy everyone wants to save the world, may it be religious (stewardship), future generations, or the points that have already been said.

i personally don't see whats wrong with saving the world, the only people that will suffer is us and our future generations.

we've all seen the dystopian futures percieved in films, and we wouldn't want earth to look like that in the future.

We want to save ourselves, others and future generations. Not the actualy earth.

So why don't we rephrase it to 'Save ourselves', ourselves meaning not just 'yourself' but others and future generations instead.

We cannot save the world from global warming or anything, because the world does not need saving. We cannot save the world to save ourselves, others and future generations because the world does not need saving.

Yes we have seen what happens in the movies. Thats happening to OURSELVES.

The world was fine before we came, and will continue to be fine when we are gone.

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:06 pm

<span style='color:pink'>Um, the world means the world's people to many.

There's a very old Urdu shayari that explains that, but I can't remember it all right now!

But to say that you don't want to save the world and only the people is very materialistic. The world is what we live in, and the state of the world is what reflects how we live. Do we influence the world, or does the world influence us?

Narrowing down "the world" to "planet earth" only is a bit too simplistic!</span>
Remember where you heard it first - AsianMix.net

cuzzyclick
AM Newbie

Post by cuzzyclick » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:58 pm

umm i have heard alot about global warming and yes actions are being taken against it. alot of people are now aware about global warming and are therefor taken fast actions.
if the earth was to stay fine even when we are gone then i do not think that the whole isuue about 'global warming' would be raised.... it has not been raised in the past so oviously it cant be just full of crap can it :(

our children are our future we want our children to lead a good and peaceful life and the same for the upcoming generations. How are we supposed to do that if the iceberg is melting FAST? :(
yes it is selfishness however im sure every1 can b selfish at some point :unsure:
neway i like this topic because it affects us all as we all live on one planet therefore i request everyone 2 express their opinion thank you :P
[FONT=Impact]XXxxCuzzyxxXX