Is it the end of big brother ?

A dedicated spot to discuss serious issues.
-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:30 pm

Sounds like Charley tryna pull a Shilpa by accepting she wasn't really offended? Lol.

I haven't seen the footage though.

No, I doubt it's the end of BB. If anything, they'd want to keep it airing in order to publically display that they removed a racist person because they were against their view.
Remember where you heard it first - AsianMix.net

Supervisor
Supervisor

Re: Is it the end of big brother ?

Post by Supervisor » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:35 pm

cobra wrote: (taken from www.msn.co.uk and edited by cobra)
Hi Cobra!

Have you read the second post on this thread? http://www.asianmix.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1508

It says FULL URL

This rule has been issued to counter plaigerism. It is illegal to plaigerise without permission from the copyright owner.

I have noticed you have done this before. Please quote the FULL URL. "MSN.co.uk" is NOT sufficient.

Incase you still do not understand this rule, for example:

An inquest jury has heard how a car which struck and killed four cycling club members may have been travelling at between 60 and 70mph.
[Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/6730543.stm]

I hope this makes sense to you now! Please note that your posting rights may be put on probation if this occurs again on these forums!

Thanks!

Dr-evil
Diamond Member

Post by Dr-evil » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:43 pm

a don't think its the end for big brother, they trying to prove they can tackle racism by kicking her out quickly before it becomes a repeat of the celeb version. :shock:

LoL and saj justed mentioned this on radio and all :|
Vice President of the Ladoo Crew.

cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:41 pm

i have hated Big Brother from the start i mean watching twelve people or however many there are living in a house for twelve weeks cant be that fun and entertaining:oops:

As for racism i think Channel 4 have tackled it in a good way by kickin Emily w/e out cus this shows that racism isn't tolerated but overall Big Brother is well boring but then again i could say the same about Channel 4 aswel......the only thing that helps boost hit numbers is Big Brother so if that goes then Channel 4 wud go down tha pan :oops:

desi securitry guarld
Settled In

Post by desi securitry guarld » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:42 pm

Get rid of big brother and bring back dont forget your toothbrush :D
Erm...Yea So As I Was Saying....

paki_girl_19
Advanced Member

Post by paki_girl_19 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:51 pm

Channel four have nothing better to broadcast so they think Reality shows is their way of entertaining people..

Personally i think Big Brother IS getting boring and they should get rid of it! but i doubt they would.
Be what you want and say what u feel.. because those who matter dont mind and those who mind dont matter....

cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:13 pm

if Channel 4 do get rid of Big Brother they will be going down the pan..and then they might come up with another 'stupid and pointles' reality Tv Show :roll:

Platinum_Pwincess
Platinum Member

Post by Platinum_Pwincess » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:59 pm

I Think that they should end big brother, it's just boring and a waste of time. Why would you want to watch people in a house doing silly things? :roll:

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:04 pm

shaf wrote:Channel 4 is wicked.. no way is it going to go down the pan, as they show it is multicultural.. they are like the only channel between channels 1-5 that show asians.. e.g Bradford Riots

I hate Bigbrother, the only time i've ever liked it is when they have atleast some known celebritys in there.. who cares about 12 nobodys? i dont
So you'd rate "celebrities" more than "nobodies". That's a bit shallow, isn't it Shaf? They're both human afterall :p

BB can get addictive just like any other reality TV show or soap. Cos it's still a series of events with a story behind it, that keeps us guessing about people's real characters.

In short, I think all programs like these are best not viewed, because there are better ways to spend your time than just watching TV! But for those who don't have anything else to do, I don't see the problem in spending their time entertaining themselves with people living in a house with no contact with the outside world, knowing that they're being viewed 24 7. Infact, it's kinda funny stuff :D

cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:16 pm

it could be funny at some times no doubt about it but when serious issues like 'Racism' are involved then they need to be tackled the first time.....this is the second time Big Brother has been involved with the 'racism' issue and its more likely to happen again next year

Shaf reply to Miss S post :wink: me wants to see your comeback :P

Dr-evil
Diamond Member

Post by Dr-evil » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:43 pm

guess it means british people don't have much tolorence towards other races/cultures. shabnam up for eviction, a wouldn't be suprised if theres gonna be an asain mob waiting to egg her when shes evicted :roll: :oops:

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:28 am

But a celebrity who has "made it big" isn't more important than another human being. That's my point.

One person doesn't become better than the other just because they're a celebrity.

Or maybe..... a celebrity is better than a "normal" person to you, because you're more inclined to respect someone who can make the front headline of The Sun MUCH more than someone who has struggled through their education, taken years to establish themselves their own career, perhaps nursed their grandparents till their very end, and possibley saved a life or two in their past.

Hmmmm..... celebrities Vs 12 "nobodies"?

PS - not everyone sees every celebrity as an idol, and not everyone is as unexcited as you to see a new, fresh character to learn about on their TV screen. Each to their own :)

Dr-evil
Diamond Member

Post by Dr-evil » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:20 am

but in previous years some of these "nobodies" managed to make summat out of themselves after bigbrother e.g. jade (she lost it all now though LoL) and the nicky who was in the last series she had her own show on channel 4 a think :roll:

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:01 pm

Of course they're going to show their true colours. The whole point is that when you're in a house for so many days and weeks, it's only a matter of time before you crack!

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:00 pm

Because acting is like lieing. If you keep lieing in the same context, it's only a matter of time before you start making bigger lies to cover up the smaller ones. Then you eventually crack, and everyone can see your true personality. That's how.