Hayfever-Do You?

A dedicated spot to discuss serious issues.

Do You Suffer From Hayfever?

Yes
31%
No
69%

Total votes: 13

desi securitry guarld
Settled In

Hayfever-Do You?

Post by desi securitry guarld » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:48 pm

Well its that time of year again, yep. The coulds turn grey, the sun hides away and the rain falls like no tomorrow...yep youve guessed it, im referring to summer and the dreaded HAYFEVER!!!!.

so who here suffers from it, what symptoms do you get an what have you found that works to cure it?

i take anti-hestamines (2x10mg tablets) a day and itll kepp my hayfever at bay for 6-8hours a day max.

symptoms include sneezing, runny nose, proepr devlish red eyes and asthma (occasionally).

Other treatments that have worked include sticking vaseline where the sun dont shine (in my nostrils) and keeping the windows closed (when indoors) and the air con turned up (cleaning the filters regularly helps too).
Erm...Yea So As I Was Saying....

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:51 pm

^^ Point to note, 2 lots of 10mg per day is overdosing yourself, depending on exactly which medication you're taking.
Remember where you heard it first - AsianMix.net

kp86

Post by kp86 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:46 am

okay dokey.... hayfever... missS is right its deoends on what medication you take... but that does count overdosing... but you can take other medications for hayfever maybe you can try:- Chlorphenamine<<< its really good... my patients on the ward take it for hayfever... i'll let you know the doseage as well... but you can ask your GP...

Platinum_Pwincess
Platinum Member

Post by Platinum_Pwincess » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:26 pm

I feel sorry for those who have hayfever :shock:

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:28 am

kp86 wrote:okay dokey.... hayfever... missS is right its deoends on what medication you take... but that does count overdosing... but you can take other medications for hayfever maybe you can try:- Chlorphenamine<<< its really good... my patients on the ward take it for hayfever... i'll let you know the doseage as well... but you can ask your GP...
Chloraphenamine (Piriton) is generally the best at hitting all your symptoms, but it causes drowsiness, so it's not suitable for those studying or driving during the daytime.

Ceterizine Hydrochloride (Piriteze/Zirtek) is a 1 tablet once daily, and can take 3-4 days to take effect. However, people who usually take this have found it is NOT working this year.. so my advice is don't bother with this one, unless you're allergic to everything else. Can be taken with Beconase and/or opticrom, if sneezing/itchy eyes is still a problem.

Loratidine is also 1 tablet daily, and may be more preferable (Clarityn). Again, you can take beconase/opticrom with this too.

NOBODY IN THIS THREAD IS QUALIFIED TO PRACTICE ANY MEDICAL PROFESSION ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD!

THEREFORE PLEASE CONSULT A DOCTOR OR PHARMACIST BEFORE BUYING ANY OF THESE MEDS

(especially if you're asthmatic/allergic to anything/on other meds)

cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:14 pm

deary me BIG WORDS :shock:

i dont have hayfever so am saved but for the people do blimey get well soon :D

desi securitry guarld
Settled In

Post by desi securitry guarld » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:44 pm

its loratidaine or some junk i take i know sis its over dosing but its the only way i can actually do something without sneezing all over it. i only take it if iam doing something important like work or a long stint of driving. otherwise i dont take anything at all, and just let nature have its way.

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:46 am

desi securitry guarld wrote:its loratidaine or some junk i take i know sis its over dosing but its the only way i can actually do something without sneezing all over it. i only take it if iam doing something important like work or a long stint of driving. otherwise i dont take anything at all, and just let nature have its way.
Overdosing is more dangerous than most people think.

Did you know even a slightly overdose of paracetamol can be fatal? It causes irreversible liver damage that can eventually be fatal. But the fatality doesn't present itself until up to months after the overdose.

DO NOT OVERDOSE, EVEN IF YOU THINK IT'S THE ONLY WAY IT WILL WORK!! There is a REASON why there is a maximum allowed dose!! And that reason is - your body CANNOT handle more, and the long-term/"side effects" are no longer less than the therapeutic effects!! IT CAN KILL!

Jeezus! STOP IT SANJ!

desi securitry guarld
Settled In

Post by desi securitry guarld » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:36 pm

i have now stopped, cheers sis :)
i didnt think ti was that bad, i thought voerdose you go all drowsy and probably knock out, didnt know its a long term thing. i dont like paracetamol thank god, otherwise i would be dead lol.

paki_girl_19
Advanced Member

Post by paki_girl_19 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:58 pm

Chlorphenamine doesnt work on me!! most the tablets knock me out lol
Be what you want and say what u feel.. because those who matter dont mind and those who mind dont matter....

cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:46 am

can't hayfever be cured without the use of medicines :?: