Gordon Brown - New PM

A dedicated spot to discuss serious issues.

Who would you prefer to be Prime Minister?

Tony Blair
54%
Gordon Brown
46%

Total votes: 13

shakil
Diamond Member

Gordon Brown - New PM

Post by shakil » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:55 am

Gordon Brown is new Prime minster! What do you think? Will he better than Tony Blair? What will the difference be between the two? Will he pulling out of Iraq (if he hasn't said so already coz I havent followed the news lately)? Would you prefer someone else?

And I know its too early to compare the two

Discbate...................

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:02 am

Generally speaking I would say "better the devil you know", so I have casted my vote for Tony Blair.

But long term, for the rest of Brown's term as PM, I would say he may be better once he starts cleaning up the dirt that Blair left behind.

Having said that, I still mean all due respect to Blair. It's not an easy job to keep everyone happy politically and financially at the same time. But the one-hundred-and-something stealth taxes have really taken the peepee, so if Brown can improve upon that atleast, then I will start to like him better than Blair (in terms of a PM doing his job correctly).

BTW - I have not let the issues about Iraq affect my judgement of them both, since I believe that's a whole new topic in itself!
Remember where you heard it first - AsianMix.net

SEXC_BOI
Settled In

Post by SEXC_BOI » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:22 am

-MissS- wrote:Generally speaking I would say "better the devil you know", so I have casted my vote for Tony Blair.

But long term, for the rest of Brown's term as PM, I would say he may be better once he starts cleaning up the dirt that Blair left behind.

Having said that, I still mean all due respect to Blair. It's not an easy job to keep everyone happy politically and financially at the same time. But the one-hundred-and-something stealth taxes have really taken the peepee, so if Brown can improve upon that atleast, then I will start to like him better than Blair (in terms of a PM doing his job correctly).

BTW - I have not let the issues about Iraq affect my judgement of them both, since I believe that's a whole new topic in itself!
exactly well said, people seem to think its just iraq when thats only a certain percentage of it, overall i personally really think tony blair did well as a prime minister, like he jokingly said in one his first speeches, "i can't keep everyone happy but ill damn sure try", the stature of the man is impecable and i really do believe that if it were not for so called MR George nush we would not have gone to iraq but thats another issue for another time, if there if one negative impact well 2 that i can draw upon on the blair era it is this, firstly the NHS and secondly the continual high rise of inflation and by the looks of things in the not too distant future we may be looking at recession :$ if Gordon brown can successfully turn these two things around and maintain what Tony blair has already done he will easily i believe be a good prime minister and in the publics hearts, althought if we go on what he has already promised to deliver we should be laughing but then agian thats the thing with this goverment they say one thing and deliver another!

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:47 am

Glad there's someone who agrees with me regarding Iraq :)

Personally I think it would be EXTREMELY rare to find someone who could handle the NHS. The NHS seems to be an infinite blackhole in terms of finance, and I don't think it will ever be perfect. NHS runs on taxes, and only 40% of this country pays taxes.... less than half of the population of this country is what keeps our economy and government services running.. that's VERY little!!

I think the focus needs to be on making anyone who can work, WORK! It's amazing how many people get away with claiming social security as haraam de paise, and never do one day's worth of work, and still get away with it! :x
Remember where you heard it first - AsianMix.net

SEXC_BOI
Settled In

Post by SEXC_BOI » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:07 pm

Yh your probably right with the NHS idea but i firmly believe and im sure there was a BBC documentary on this a few months backl sayin the UK pays double what other countries pay for their medicine and equipment, thats just crazy and by letting this happen we are vulnerable hence why the NHS is in a crisis, other countries use us to bargain deals yet we pay double!

Damn right the lazy sods should be working, im bloody studying as are many youngsters and working at the same time so why should these idiots get away with it! either they work or they can;t claim, i understand there are legit people out there who cannot work because of dissability fair enough but too many people are leading an easy life! Also another point all these taxi drivers who are saying to the tax man i only earn 150 quid a week, what a load of bull****. clearly they are earning in excess of 400 quid if not more a week and using this black money so to speak to fund there social activites or whatever whilst we the working class have to fork out for it, i think i should consider taxi too :P

Chox
Settled In

Post by Chox » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:01 pm

both prime minsters are nuttin but just useless going to cause more of this. gordon brown starts the new world order if people don't wat it is research. he said it even in his speech now u can tell he is also a puppet of the nwo even tony blair was. i heard tony going to be sum next middle east sumting and changing his religon? now seems dogdie

cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:56 pm

hearing aint believing :roll:
Gordon Brown ahh hes just going to make things worse Tony Blair was useless when it came to situations regarding petrol and the NHS wonder how Gordon Brown will cope with all the pressure :shock:

Basit

Post by Basit » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:34 pm

Its too early to decide yet but Gordan Brown was 'OK' in his previous post. Obviously Tony Blair was a good priminister.... theres no denial but if you think bout it what damaged his reputation ... The war on Iraq and few ova policies which i dnt really wnt to go into. But i think Gordan Brown would be ok ... I Would still ask for anuda election tho becuz it shud b the peoples choice!

x Meenal x
Advanced Member

Post by x Meenal x » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:10 pm

I think that gordon brown is better than tony blair anyday! He has so many visions for England to make it better place dont know if they will work but lets hope so.
*Indian Pwincess!*

cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:21 pm

Meenal he has 'visions' that doesn't mean hes so good already only because he has 'visions' hes not even been Prime Minister for a month yet let alone 10 years so tis too early to judge :?

Supervisor
Supervisor

Post by Supervisor » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:49 pm

Isn't Brown the same individual who halted income tax, but introduced over 100 new "stealth" taxes?

What else could he do with stealth?

Can we really trust ANY prime minister?

C.I.A
AM Newbie

Post by C.I.A » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:39 am

As has previously been said no prime minister or president in any country can make everyone happy tis just not possible! Thats why as voters in country that are run by democracy you have a choice 2 choose which candidate is right for you so use ur vote wisely if ur old enuf 2 vote dat is!

A quik question, what exactli are stealth taxes and what have they replaced?

cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:27 pm

lol@tis :lol:
just recently i found out what they are... basically stealth taxes are unnoticed additional taxes...they could be an increase on the tax that has been introduced largely unnoticed or an additional charge that is a 'tax' but not officially classed as one :D
I don't know what stealth taxes have replaced so me leave that one out:$

So we're being led by Gordon Brown, a scot who has become Prime Minister without being voted by the English people :roll:
i dont get why a member of a government elected by less than a quarter of the total electorate was given the opportunity to represent Great Britain :?: Gordon Brown only comes into power for a few months and already the public is complaining. In the time to come it is most likely that immigrant numbers will doubtlessly be swelled to do the jobs at minimum rates which the population have been forced out of by wage restraints and in wage cuts, in order to maintain a more than ‘healthy profit’. Damn u Gordon Brown :evil:

Brown Eyed Beauty
Advanced Member

Post by Brown Eyed Beauty » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:27 pm

I voted for Gordon Brown only because i commend his efforts in untangling the web of lies Tony Blair has inflicted upon him :)
The world's not getting smaller, there's just less in it.

roogiefilriz
Advanced Member

how to buy an essay online

Post by roogiefilriz » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:43 am

They decided it was important to have a day to promote responsible parenting. Online algebra video lessons to help students with the formulas, equations and skills to get them to the answers of their algebra 2 homework and worksheets. use order of time in essays He is writing a doctoral thesis on civilian use of defensive architecture in frontier australia. The number of awards will vary each year and this is at the sole discretion of the scholarship. The importance of education for the development of a country must not be.
Thesis Proposal Form1 Master of Arts in Liberal Studies. help writing thesis statements This dissertation concludes a wonderful period of nearly a decade at the 1. For example, an office worker may feel it's enough to list skills in this. person whose influence shook me to the deepest level is a person whose I will.