Interview with the wife of a terrorist!

A dedicated spot to discuss serious issues.

Can a wife/husband ever really know whats going on inside in their other halfs mind?

YES
25%
NO
75%

Total votes: 8

C.I.A
AM Newbie

Interview with the wife of a terrorist!

Post by C.I.A » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:17 pm

Recently there was an interview with the wife of one of the Glasgow Bombers and some interesting questions arose from it. Can a wife or even a husband for that matter ever really know whats going on in their other halfs mind?

The lady says she had no idea and is sick at what her husband has done but to some peoples surprise says she still loves him because at the end of the day hes still her husband, and to add sald to the wounds tradgically the lady lost her unborn child via miscarriage that same morning, so in perspective she lost both her husband and child in 1 day :$

Feel free to respond wiv ur views :)

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:55 pm

Yes, someone can know what's going on inside their partner's minds, unless they've only just gotton married, or unless the husband is a sexist pig who would never dream of talking to his wife like normal couples do.

It all depends on the situation really.

For example, how do you know the wife isn't lying about not knowing what was going on? It's not like she's going to say "yes I knew what was going on all along, and I'm proud of what my husband has done", and it's definately not like she's going to stay neutral about her husbands actions either, because at the end of the day she's a woman possibley living on her own or with family, and exposed to the risk of extreme racists attacking her over this whole thing! OF COURSE she's going to say in public that she's not proud of what her husband has done, whether she knew about it or not!
Remember where you heard it first - AsianMix.net

rija;
AM Newbie

Post by rija; » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:21 pm

Nope. I don't think that however well you may think you know your partner, you never actually know EXACTLY what is going on in their minds.. I mean, covering stuff up is easy. People can act like they truly have certain beliefs, when on the inside they believe something else.
We learnt about people doing that in Psychology at college..
But I don't remember very much, LOL!
:oops:

C.I.A
AM Newbie

Post by C.I.A » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:03 am

im open minded and believe both of ur points r possible, but i think these days with everythin and society the way it is its more likely that a partner would keep somethings however significant from their other half! personalli speakin apart from the terrorists dont really see why a partner would hide things from their other half whole point of marriage is 2 share things and surely that includes ur thought processes and feelings?

cutieepiee
AM Newbie

Post by cutieepiee » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:03 pm

urmm well u might tink u know ur partner very well buh how much u know ur partner u neva know watz actually going on in thier head..because everywunz brainz reacts differently everytym tey c sumtin different or tink sumting different..if dah makes sencee :S lool

cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:14 pm

yeah i agree with C.I.A ..... Often women know or suspect what's going on in there husbands mind but don't want to admit it, because then they have to deal with it. If they pretend to be blind then they can keep their 'secure' imaginary life and not have to face what would likely be a breakup and them having to go it alone...

regarding the situation of the wife of the Glasgow Bombers no woman would say she knew what her husband was up to for the most ovious reason that her husband would be defamed in the eyes of the media.

Brown Eyed Beauty
Advanced Member

Post by Brown Eyed Beauty » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:43 pm

"Can a wife/husband ever really know whats going on inside in their other halfs mind?"

No- no one really knows what any one else is thinking. There's no magical machine that tells you what some one else is thinking and I doubt there ever will be.

I think what stood out for me here was "ever REALLY know" and they could have some sort of idea because obviously they're a married couple, they do know a lot about eachother but they can never be one hundred percent sure unless the partner has blatantly said it out loud. Otherwise, no. =)
The world's not getting smaller, there's just less in it.

C.I.A
AM Newbie

Post by C.I.A » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:28 pm

lol ana well said, trust u 2 reply 3 months later, interesting points of view frm every 1, seems like a partner can never really know what the other one is thinking is the vibe im getting! is it fair to say then that there was a lack of trust between the glasgow bomber and his wife in that he didnt tell her what he was planning to do and if he did like cuzzy sed is she rite in not admitting that she knew all along?

teme what ur finkin ppl :P

Brown Eyed Beauty
Advanced Member

Post by Brown Eyed Beauty » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:38 pm

C.I.A wrote:lol ana well said, trust u 2 reply 3 months later
Ahem what is that meant to imply? :P I was just breezing through these forums and thought i'd contribute my valuable opinion :wink:
The world's not getting smaller, there's just less in it.

cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:05 pm

lets reveal what Cuzzy is tinkin :wink:

well.. if the wife did say 'yeah i knew what my husband was planning' infront of everyone she would most likely get shot by the public :shock: cus common tryna bomb an airport it's crazy to know that someone is even trying to think of doing it cuz like theres thousands of peoples lifes at risk that and if things did go according to the plan then who know so many innocent lifes taken away...anyways tis good that the plan failed 8)

personally, i think that if the wife knew what her husband was planning then she should of informed someone before the event was about to take place....even if she was suspicious that her husband mite be up to summat :shock: she could tell someone because face it were living in the 21st Century and everyone is protected by the law and am sure the police or hueva in charge would of protected her etc....
i would actually feel for her if she didn't know about the attack that her husband was planning because tis nt her fault:S therefore she shouldn't be blamed for summat she aint done:)

however if she did know but tried to keep it to herself then i dont pity her mostly because she should have known better.....who knows if she did know and did tell then maybe today her husband would be alive behind bars :?:

(i think ama leef it ther before i begin to waffle on:shock:)