Shilpa Shetty Arrested

A dedicated spot to discuss serious issues.
-MissS-
Administrator

Shilpa Shetty Arrested

Post by -MissS- » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:34 pm

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2007/0927/shettys.html

I'd say this is going WAY too far. Shilpa didn't even kiss him back?!

And when such raunchy and provocative behaviour and dress-sense is allowed in Bollywood, isn't this rather hypocritical of the Mumbai police?

Discuss!
Remember where you heard it first - AsianMix.net

cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:48 pm

well i think it's just stupid to take action a month after the event took place....it's not even Shilpa's fault because she didn't kiss him back
Hindu hardliners said that the pair had offended the sensibilities of India's traditionally conservative culture.
pshtttt what about all the bollywood obscenity that happens doesnt that offend indian culture?

Brown Eyed Beauty
Advanced Member

Post by Brown Eyed Beauty » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:50 pm

This has completely been blown out of proportion.

It is hypocritical like Miss S said and just making a small point here but these same people seemed so ecstatic when Shilpa Shetty brought home the title of BB Winner.. surely this show clashes with the "the sensibilities of India's traditionally conservative culture." Funny stuff..
The world's not getting smaller, there's just less in it.

cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:45 pm

I'm not sure if this is true but the Shilpa's refusal to apologising resulted her in being arrested? is that correct because if it is then the Mumbai police are jus a lame bunch of idiots trying to find any excuse of gaining attention