Music Laws

A dedicated spot to discuss serious issues.
BasitJabbar

Post by BasitJabbar » Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:42 pm

Ok, Basicly i was studying something about downloading music over the internet and how it efects the charts and how the record companies loose out.....

The record companies are getting annoyed because not many people are buying their albums, instead the people are downloading them of the net. People that download music of the net are paying alot less or even some sites let you download for free.

Is this fair for the Record Companies?

Asian record labels are loosing out on alot of money, now a few have quit the music industry because they cannot cope with the increasing amount of people downloading their albums and not many people buying them.

Ok, maybe downloading should be banned, but what about Fil Sharing, that is increasing too. People share files on msn. Should they be allowed to.... or should msn be blocking all the music files that are being shared over msn messenger. Give me your opinions!!

BasitJabbar

Post by BasitJabbar » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:57 pm

shaf i bet u download music.....???

am i right :D

of courrse i am :$ i alwayz am:$

MissPunjaban

Post by MissPunjaban » Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:28 pm

Yeah everyone's downloading music.. but it's down to the same thing...

THE UNITED KINGDOM IS A TOTAL RIP OFF WHEN IT COMES TO MONEY!!

:D

People don't want to spend ?15 on a double CD to find out they only like one song.. and even that wears off after a while.

And artists are complaining.. if they don't earn enough money, they can't make as much quality productions for us? BULL****

Shorry if I offended anyone there :P.. But I don't believe that is 100% true. A good production/new song doesn't come about based on how much money they have to fund it.... it's more based on talent and the ideas themselves hena? (Eg, you could do something with a harmonium and tabla and one singer, if you're ideas are good and you have the talent, then it will be a success.)

I think the problem is.. THE ARTISTS WHO DON'T REALLY HAVE ANY TALENT, AND RELY ON MONEY TO MAKE MUSIC (because they have to pay others to do the work for them).... THEY ARE THE ONES COMPLAINING!!

The REAL TALENTED ARTISTS.. I don't seem to see them complaining as much! Maybe it's because they can also display their talent raw, live on stage, and make money out of that too?

Downloading/file sharing SHOULD NOT be banned.. because it gives a very fair reflection about how well an artist is doing!

Besides.. I always download before I buy anything!

Why should I spend money when there's a risk I wont like it?

:D

Nuff Said.. for a life time :blink:

~Xx

BasitJabbar

Post by BasitJabbar » Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:11 pm

Actually simmy ur right in one way... but going bk to da downloading bit cuz enough record companies are lossing out money cz of dis and its not alwayz da artists complaining its also da music label.

Jaynesh
AM Newbie

Post by Jaynesh » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:42 pm

I dont think file-sharing should be banned, because everything being shared is not illegal but i do think sharing music is wrong.

MissPunjaban your complaining about the price of a cd. The only reason they are expensive is because of piracy. The same goes with softwares.

'Besides.. I always download before I buy anything!'

If you do this why are you asking this question.

'Why should I spend money when there's a risk I wont like it?'

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:19 am

<span style='color:pink'>Miss Punjaban's post was designed to stir more debate.

Since April 2005, there have only been 3 more replies.

Shame on you all.

In order to mature this arguement further, I'd like to point out the introduction of Digital Downloads from www.viprecords.co.uk in an attempt to counter the illegal downloading in the UK desi market.

Would you spend 99p on a track?

Or let me put it another way - does this make people more comfortable spending 99p on a track released as a single from this website, before the artist's whole album comes out? (Eg, the JagsKilmax tune.)</span>
Remember where you heard it first - AsianMix.net

EeYa_ThaWun2nV
AM Newbie

Post by EeYa_ThaWun2nV » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:56 pm

[SIZE=1]Gooo Goooooo Limewire LoooooooL!! Y shud we giva crap if these goreh lose out on money or not. Theyre all a buncha racist M***********'z neways undacova! [FONT=Arial][SIZE=9][COLOR=red]

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:39 pm

<span style='color:pink'>^That comment sounded racist in itself.

So basically.. you don't care - out of hate for gorey? Tsk! </span>

Zedzo
AM Newbie

Post by Zedzo » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:47 am

Ermmmmmm miss S its Jags Klimax not Kilmax :unsure:

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:59 am

<span style='color:pink'>My bad, typo.</span>

cuzzyclick
AM Newbie

Post by cuzzyclick » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:26 pm

tbh ish gud n bad emm i download bre musik frm d net ( im a tramp etc) buh i fink dah companies shud realise dah yh ppl will download frm d net or frm files gemme they shud alredy noe d consequences of wa will appen gemme
I ave erd dah der r sum plans 2 demolish downloading frm d net n yh i cried n cried :( buh fing is lyk MIssS sed hu on dis earth will buy a trk 4 99p ish RIDICULOUS i wudnt n im sure oda wont aswell commen sense LONG LIVE LIME :P :D (ha) WIRE!!!
[FONT=Impact]XXxxCuzzyxxXX

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:08 am

<span style='color:pink'>cuzzyclick, fair comments, interesting to read them :) But what about those people who rely on music for a living? Studio hire for 4 hours just to lay down vocals = ?200. Production/engineering from someone else for just one song can go up to ?800. Multiply that by the amount of tracks on an album, add the CD making costs, advertising etc.. and there's a lot of money to breakeven with.

Then you get the cheap people who decide to download one track on limewire, cos they can't spare even 99p for it? That's low in my opinion.. I think there's gona be a time when artists will stop making albums in the first place and just rely on live gigs only at this rate. And I wouldn't blame them for it!

BTW cuzzy, TYPE IN NORMAL ENGLISH PLEASE! I got a headache reading your post.

</span>

cuzzyclick
AM Newbie

Post by cuzzyclick » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:43 pm

My deepest apologies Miss :( S

HmMmMm...fair point i can understand where you are coming from however i personally believe that an entrepeneur is someone who is able to take risks. im sure all artists are aware of this befor they enter the music industry. like i said before everyone should be aware of the consequences and if their business is going corrupt den they need to fynd solutions to it

as a 15 year old i really dont know what else say!! :( :P
[FONT=Impact]XXxxCuzzyxxXX

Jaynesh
AM Newbie

Post by Jaynesh » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:02 pm

Cuzzyclick,

i personally believe that an entrepeneur is someone who is able to take risks

That should not be what you 'personally believe' as that is exactly one of the things that makes an entrepreneur.

im sure all artists are aware of this befor they enter the music industry.

Yes you are correct, everyone should be aware of the risks before they enter the music industry however they should not be be afraid of risks that are 'not' suppose to happen. Risks such as bad sales through illegal downloading.Its NOT suppose to happen.

buh fing is lyk MIssS sed hu on dis earth will buy a trk 4 99p ish RIDICULOUS i wudnt n im sure oda wont aswell

As mentioned earlier, piracy causes the prices to rise.

EeYa_ThaWun2nV,

Gooo Goooooo Limewire LoooooooL!! Y shud we giva crap if these goreh lose out on money or not. Theyre all a buncha racist M***********'z neways undacova!

Its not only the white people that are losing revenue. What about the black artists? The asian artists?

Would YOU work for free?