"Murderer"

A dedicated spot to discuss serious issues.
-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:41 pm

"A Bangladeshi woman who shook a baby boy so violently that he suffered brain damage walked free from court yesterday because a judge conceded that she did not know how to behave in the West.

"Rahella Khanom, 24, caused the five-month-old boy in her care to suffer fractures to his breast bone and ribs as she tried to rid him of evil spirits, Southwark Crown Court was told.

"The injuries inflicted on the child over several weeks had caused one side of his brain to shrink. It was believed that the boy would have been screaming in agony for eight weeks because his injuries went untreated."

[BBC News Report]

<span style='color:yellow'>Should she have been allowed to walk free?

Why couldn't she suffer the consequences of her actions?

What if murderers start using "religious beliefs" as their excuse too, and walk free, unpunished for their crimes?
</span>
Remember where you heard it first - AsianMix.net

skea
Advanced Member

Post by skea » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:15 pm

WHAT, thats like sayin tempted murder in a way, thats no reason to do what she did, she didnt know how to behave in the west what the hell, well is that what they do back home, do a Micheal jaxon Style to get rid of evil, nah so why didnt jaxon get walk free bcuz he`s ill, its wrong, plus i hope the baby is still not in her care.
<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Impact'> <span style='color:purple'><strong>PURE <br>GUN<br>unlimited<strong></span> </span></span></span>

Madeeha
Settled In

Post by Madeeha » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:05 pm

Jeez, that kid could grow up disabled because of her >_< She's probably messed up his life... why the hell did she get to go free? The evil spirits thing is just stupid... apparently some guy in London (I think) murdered his baby daughter because he thought she was possesed :( Did the boy die?

x!Zubda!x
Advanced Member

Post by x!Zubda!x » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:32 pm

OMG!!..
Whats this world coming to?..

Thats Attempted murder?:-o
she should get ATLEAST imprisonment for that!!..
Shes a threat to the public.. to other children..she guna be shaking them around for religous reasons to? :S im sorry buh WHAT THE HELL is she doin 0ut free... has she got no common sense!!??..

She should NOT be free!!.. if i was her i think even the thouht of doing that to sum1 would kill me:$

LaRa
Advanced Member

Post by LaRa » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:39 pm

<span style='color:purple'>She shud have been imprisoned, its nothin to do with how u behave in the west or whatever. Theres no excuse for what she done and she should be punished regardless of whether shes western. And its not right using religon to walk free.</span>

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Thu May 11, 2006 8:58 pm

<span style='color:pink'>I'm suprised nobody has started up a campaign to get her re-trialled.

If the British courts are going to let her use her religion as an apparent excuse for her actions, then I'm not suprised people make so many assumptions about Islam being bad.

I doubt that this even has anything to do with Islam? So how does it pass through as an excuse?

Those British Asians who want to live in a tolerant soceity in this country should be speaking up. If it were up to me, I wouldn't allow this sort of crap to make it through the courts without punishment!!</span>
Remember where you heard it first - AsianMix.net

Senorita
Advanced Member

Post by Senorita » Thu May 11, 2006 9:42 pm

although it is wrong... i can see where shes coming from...

some people still live in the old fashioned supernatural cures like shaking a evil spirit out of u ? :blink:

insane.

the baby was young - no evil spirits would be in it anyway.

bad judge if u ask me lol
<b>You Must Carry A Chaos Inside You To Give Birth To A Dancing Star - Nietzsche</b>

Dj_Shawn
Settled In

Post by Dj_Shawn » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:31 pm

well my parents are hella old school and they raised me as ifi was in indian even tho i am in canada.... so in a way i get where the lady was coming from but what she did was harsh and uncalled for a lil too much if u ask me.... yea smack the kid or something but yea plz... thats thats just bull-shti... thats like me hitting someone and then saying i did it cuz every year on this date in my religon we do this... thats a load of Bull! send that woman to jail where she can rot like every other messed up person in this world:@

Brown Eyed Beauty
Advanced Member

Post by Brown Eyed Beauty » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:28 am

Unfortunately a lot of people are really superstitious.. and even more unfortunate is when they use the false mask of religious to hide their deeds. The woman was mentally troubled, and obviously not well-educated. She should have gone to jail.. well i hope now she understands the true gift that child brought into her life.

It was extremely irresponsible of the Southward Crown Court to have dismissed this case so easily, definitely sets a bad example..