Post 7/7

A dedicated spot to discuss serious issues.
-MissS-
Administrator

Post 7/7

Post by -MissS- » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:30 pm

A recent poll in the media suggests that a proportion of British Muslims consider the suicide bombers of the 7/7 attacks as martyrs.

Do you agree that the 7/7 attacks are an act of martyrdom? Or is it plain terrorism?

Do you think the police need to do more to prevent these terrorists attacks happening in this country?

If you don't think they are martyrs, why isn't the British Muslim population as integrated in to soceity as it should be?

Mature opinions appreciated.

PS This is a potential talking-topic for the next Saturday night's multi-presented show, depending on the responses I get here.
Remember where you heard it first - AsianMix.net

dj smin aka hu5_gtir
AM Newbie

Post by dj smin aka hu5_gtir » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:48 am

The 7/7 bombings were definetly plain terrorism which was completely wrong and hope nothing like this happens again in the future.

Yh i agree wid noddy if the suicide bombers really wanted to die as martyrs go palestine and fight 4 your muslim brother and sisters rather than killing your self for nothing and murdering 52 innocent people.

I think the police has done enuff killing of an innocent brazilian man and raiding houses of innocent people who have beards and shootin anotha innocent person who fortunately survived and then you hear lie after lie from the police which basically didnt make any sense. So i would say the police needs to be more carefull of what they are doing.

All in all the 7/7 bombings were completely rong takin inncocent lifes.

Basit

Post by Basit » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:39 pm

It is an act of terrorism ... because basically the people that are doing it are calling it 'Jihad' by saying that they are killing themselfs in the way of god. Suicide is wrong ... and harming other people is wrong ... so how can that be called as Jihad. Jihad is the submission to god ... there are only two types of fighting Jihads ... taking over and defending. Taking over is to make sure that the islamic rules are followed and are strict and Defending is when you defend your religion. One thing i noticed on the streets around my area is that people from other communities are judging all of the muslims of being terrorists. They dont understand that our religion does not allow terrorism. Its only the minority that are giving all muslims a bad name.

7/7 ... i didnt really get the point of that, they killed innocent people, many people were injured. The people that did the attacks definately are not martyrs, they were not fighting for there religion.

Fifty-two people were killed in the attacks, including the four bombers, and about 700 injured, of whom about 100 required overnight hospital treatment or more. The incident was the deadliest single act of terrorism in the United Kingdom since Lockerbie (the 1988 bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 which killed 270), and the deadliest bombing in London since the Second World War.

-------------

Police investigators identified four men whom they believe to be suicide bombers. These are the first suicide bombings in Western Europe.[2] As of April 2006 it is believed that the bombers acted alone on a shoestring budget[3], although al-Qaeda did claim responsibility after the bombings.

-------------

The bombings came while the UK was hosting the first full day of the 31st G8 summit, a day after London was chosen to host the 2012 Summer Olympics, two days after the beginning of the trial of fundamentalist cleric Abu Hamza al-Masri, five days after the Live 8 concert was held there, and shortly after Britain had assumed the rotating presidency of the Council of the European Union. The bombings were on the anniversary of large-scale racially motivated rioting in Bradford four years previously.

(Extracts taken from BBC NEWS)
*** FROM BBC NEWS ***

Good topic anyway:)

nice to see other peoples views here please :)

Brown Eyed Beauty
Advanced Member

Post by Brown Eyed Beauty » Mon May 14, 2007 5:00 pm

I personally dont believe the information extracted from that poll. The media like to hand-pick certain types of information e.g. when they did that "candid camera" thing is supposedly random mosques and found all the mosques preached hate. :roll:

Ideally all Muslims believe in the Sanctity of Life which means that only God has the right to give/end life. In this case suicide is complete Haraam, because you are neglecting the life God has given you. These people who call themselves Freedom Fighters are nothing but cowards who like to hide under the fake shroud they call "Islamic Jihaad"

In actual fact Jihaad is only acceptable in extreme cases when someone or their religion is severely threatened. When the Prophet Muhammed was about to fight in Jihaad, he warned the other men "only fight those who have hurt you. Don't touch the women, the older people, or the children, and dont break any trees in the process" This completely eradicates everything the Suicide Bombers stand for.

So guys...please don't be so quick to judge. :)
The world's not getting smaller, there's just less in it.

Supervisor
Supervisor

Post by Supervisor » Mon May 14, 2007 7:03 pm

Hello :)

Oh what a wonderful discussion we have here!

Brown Eyed Beauty, may I remind you of Rule 7 here? http://www.asianmix.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1508

Your contribution to this topic is fantastic! However, please try not to hover over to religion, out of respect for other members!

Let's try to be focussed on the issue at hand: Martyrdom Vs. Terrorism.

Thanks!

Handsworth Rocks!

Basit

Post by Basit » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:02 pm

I think alot of people do judge now and its not because thats wot they think, its the way they percieve the issue and understand it. I noticed BBC news uses the words 'Islamic Extremists' when this has got nuffin to do wit religion. Its just somewhere along the way these people fall in the wrong hands and thats where it all starts. But these people consider demselves as matyrs because of what they believe and many other people may call them martyrs aswell but i think both views need to be takin into acount to understand why peoples beliefs are so different

Brown Eyed Beauty
Advanced Member

Post by Brown Eyed Beauty » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:13 pm

Great topic! Miss S you say proportion of British Muslims...could i just ask how many in particular? Would 'proportion' mean majority? :S

OK well I believe that some Muslims (like all religious/cultural groups) are overly-passionate about certain things...and this results in extremism. This isn't right. But also, it seems some Muslims are deliberately drawing attention to themselves? This annoys me a lot because i hear guys around here (I live in London about 20/30 mins away from where the 7/7 attacks were) complain a lot about how their persecuted because they have beards...or because they wear a topi (hat) ? Well sometimes these people blame their own criminal actions on this. That's not right in fact thats just stupid. I wear a Hijaab and i havent been persecuted in any way yet (Alhumdulillah) but i've heard of a lot of trouble-makers using the shroud of Islam to justify their actions.

Let's just remember one of Islam's greatest teachings: Unless problems are extremely dire and cause a great threat, there is no justification for retaliation. At the end of the day, Allah (SWA) will judge them, not these 'martyrs' in which case if they kill civilians and innocent people in an attempt to wipe out criminals it makes them criminals too.

As the wise Mahatma Gandhi once said:

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

Brown Eyed Beauty
Advanced Member

Post by Brown Eyed Beauty » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:13 pm

Great topic! Miss S you say proportion of British Muslims...could i just ask how many in particular? Would 'proportion' mean majority? :S

OK well I believe that some Muslims (like all religious/cultural groups) are overly-passionate about certain things...and this results in extremism. This isn't right. But also, it seems some Muslims are deliberately drawing attention to themselves? This annoys me a lot because i hear guys around here (I live in London about 20/30 mins away from where the 7/7 attacks were) complain a lot about how their persecuted because they have beards...or because they wear a topi (hat) ? Well sometimes these people blame their own criminal actions on this. That's not right in fact thats just stupid. I wear a Hijaab and i havent been persecuted in any way yet (Alhumdulillah) but i've heard of a lot of trouble-makers using the shroud of Islam to justify their actions.

Let's just remember one of Islam's greatest teachings: Unless problems are extremely dire and cause a great threat, there is no justification for retaliation. At the end of the day, Allah (SWA) will judge them, not these 'martyrs' in which case if they kill civilians and innocent people in an attempt to wipe out criminals it makes them criminals too.

As the wise Mahatma Gandhi once said:

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

Brown Eyed Beauty
Advanced Member

Post by Brown Eyed Beauty » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:31 pm

oh damn sorry guys i just realised I referred to religion again ... :$ I apologise if i offend any members.. :|

roogiefilriz
Advanced Member

publish my research paper online

Post by roogiefilriz » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:20 am

Bolton is alleged by Democratic Congressman Henry Waxman to have played a role in encouraging the inclusion of statement that category template with no. Say what the problems are and how problems like this can be avoided. horse, or iron shoe,—the roots of all things are in man. Figure 2 shows some of the important Internet protocols and their. purchase review papers
resume format for Format academic settings, highlighted. The essay importance of national service, divers, i realized that our past or elected office One of more essay winner receives a media exposure for the. math homework help live

roogiefilriz
Advanced Member

uni assignment help

Post by roogiefilriz » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:21 am

over Land a great job, handle your boss and get ahead today. you create a logon script, you can assign it to one or more local. As far as I can tell, other seeminglyperpetuallypositive faculty have coping mechanisms too some write blogs, some go New To Science Blogging 3 –. Writing a cover letter for Senior Graphic Designer needs a little survey on the desired. pay someone to write my papers
a Day", a song by Donna Summer from the 1977 album Once Upon a Time. Figure 419 illustrates the effects of the clear attribute when the browser. article reviews college paper writers Then have your photo taken for the cover of the cd. The new Application Deadline is November 1st , annually. Improve your CV by reformatting it into a classic resume presentation?

roogiefilriz
Advanced Member

pre written term papers online

Post by roogiefilriz » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:22 am

all the risk that the businesses of Apartment Finder,. studies, research papers, thesis, reviews, or any other kind of paper written. should i write my essay in present tense
Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for The Mouse and the. How to Write Essays and Editorials HubPages Books, Literature. This talk was presented at an official TED conference, and was featured by our editors on the home page. they get to work on Zach Braff's latest film What a. pay someone to write essay