"MP3 Users Risking Hearing Loss"

Discuss anything in general here, talk to other members, make yourself at home!
-MissS-
Administrator

"MP3 Users Risking Hearing Loss"

Post by -MissS- » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:11 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6982184.stm
More than two-thirds of young people who regularly use MP3 players face premature hearing damage because the volume is too high, a charity warns.
I think I'm guilty of this. I've started putting the volume down on my iPod recently.. I don't wana go deaf :(

Rest of you do the same ok! I need you all to be able to still hear asian mix radio in your spare time :)
Remember where you heard it first - AsianMix.net

noorie69
Platinum Member

Re: "MP3 Users Risking Hearing Loss"

Post by noorie69 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:47 pm

-MissS- wrote:I don't wana go deaf :(
tut tut tut Miss S... You should know better, set an example for other members and refrain from using ' text talk' which is rule number 8

hehe got you... I've been wanting to do that for ages and I finally got the chance :D :D
**bak 2 rule the world .. !!**

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:15 pm

Noorie you have a sharp eye :D

Please use your sharp eye to take a look at other posts which are allowed through. You'll notice there are many colloquial words which are still accepted. For example, sparky likes to use "2" every so often instead of "to", but he doesn't exclusively use "text talk" in the whole of his post.

Get it?

Now you're breaking rules yourself by not sticking to the topic! So stick to the topic :)

Thanks!

noorie69
Platinum Member

Post by noorie69 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:31 pm

aaw :cry: :cry: i was on my best behaviour as well... and keeping to the topic, it really is bad to use head phones but in some case you always have too..
**bak 2 rule the world .. !!**

Brown Eyed Beauty
Advanced Member

Post by Brown Eyed Beauty » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:59 pm

Yes i think putting the volume down is a better option.. So just asking is it more dangerous to health to listen to music frequently.. or at a loud volume? :shock:
The world's not getting smaller, there's just less in it.

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:29 pm

Brown Eyed Beauty wrote:Yes i think putting the volume down is a better option.. So just asking is it more dangerous to health to listen to music frequently.. or at a loud volume? :shock:
-MissS- wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6982184.stm
More than two-thirds of young people who regularly use MP3 players face premature hearing damage because the volume is too high, a charity warns.
Too high

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:34 pm

shaf wrote:If it's bad? isn't there anything that you can do to shut the background noise out while listening to music? I can't stand people who talk so much or laugh like elves on the bus :cry:
Shaf.. you sound extremely miserable and bitter, and this article explains why:

http://www.cracked.com/index.php?name=News&sid=2370

Actually I think everyone should read it.. infact.. I'm gona make it a new topic too....

cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:16 pm

lol@shaf
gawd damn:@ i always used to blast music
i dont get why you still have to lower your volume down even in public places? anyone clarify it for me:$

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:46 pm

cuzzy wrote: i dont get why you still have to lower your volume down even in public places? anyone clarify it for me:$
Because you would be unaware of your surroundings which could be deemed unsafe. People have been run over before cos they were listening to their iPod and couldn't hear the car that was about to run you over. You'd think you rely on looking before crossing, but we do depend on hearing too!

cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:02 pm

yeah that's true
plus, say if you was walking down some road listening to your mp3 full blast theres more chance of you getting attacked or about to because you wouldn't know what's going on around you:shock:

i found a good article on this topic.....read it when you have time :P

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hearing-loss/GA00046