Twenty20 Final

-MissS-
Administrator

Twenty20 Final

Post by -MissS- » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:57 pm

Was that a good match, or was that a good match!

Credit to both teams!
Remember where you heard it first - AsianMix.net

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:08 am

Shaf, you sound bitter.

Duh, of course supporters of India are going to support it even if they didn't watch it. As for "BRAGGING", maybe things are different where you live, but over here, people are just happy and proud. If Pakistan won, you wouldn't like it if someone said that Pakistanis were just bragging about it even if they didn't see it!

Chill buddy! It's a game, where one team has to win, and one team has to lose! Nothing more nothing less!

On a side note, to be honest - I think that was very un-sportsmanlike of the Pakistani captain to "apologise to Muslims all over the world" - it's a shame to bring religion in to a sport - it's not Muslims Vs Non-Muslims, it's freaking India Vs Pakistan - a contest of NATIONS not of religions!

Why not atleast be proud that two South Asian teams made it through to the final of such a huge event?

FULL RESPECT AND CREDIT to all other players (Pakistani and Indian) for making the match so enjoyable and so close!

And I'm very sorry to see that nobody else seems to be happy or the slightest bit supportive of this view/news!

cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:00 am

I think it was so good to see two asian teams in the FINALS :D we don't usually get to see that very often
i believe at the end of the day India deserved to win reason being that they played good consistently throughout the tournament. The game itself was brilliant. Both teams played exceptionally well. It kept viewers entertained throughout the whole match. I thinks it's plain stupidity to bring religion into it because like Miss S said it is only a game :roll: and Pakistan have yet to beat India in the WORLD CUP MATCH :P..i'll note it as a day to remember :wink:

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:58 pm

Who is "they"?

Brown Eyed Beauty
Advanced Member

Post by Brown Eyed Beauty » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:59 pm

That final was the reason so many of us LOVE CRICKET =D

damn i was being texted all the results and i was thinking damn india have this game in the bag.. and then wen i finally get home to watch it BOOM Misbah ul-Haq comes out with the sexy 6s and that was phwoaaar brilliant comeback so anyway right after the 6s bang bang wickets dropping like its hot and im about to fall off my chair :| rp singh and sreesanth did some wicked bowling (Y) so last over and we get the last 6 of the game.. 5 runs to win.. and then the batter [who was overcome by a sudden rush of adrenaline due to the pressure, or who just got really over-confident] decides to chip the ball up in the air.. and we're sittin there watchin the ball come bk down ?? those 4 seconds were the longest in my life :$ and that ball found its way right into the fielder's hand..

wow it was a good game.. nice to see it's not getting to any1s head :P lol i had ppl comin up to me all day sayin "we beat you" and then walkd away p*ssd off when i poignantly pointed out that they were not the ones on the playing field and i could kick their butt in a real cricket match anytime (H) tehehe anyway i luvd it =] x

p.s. cuzzy points out "India deserved to win reason being that they played good consistently throughout the tournament"

well surely Pakistan also deserved to win because they must've consistently played well to get to the finals? :P both teams deserved to win but hey in cricket every games a competition so lets wait for the next one ;) x

cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:17 pm

na what i was trying to say is that india deserved to win because of their performance throughout the tournament - the WHOLE team played well and their tactics were much better than Pakistans therefore me tinks that india deserved to win the tournament

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:32 pm

Well no one's going to win unless they deserve to anyway, unless they're cheating or there's match-fixing!

Brown-Eyed.. I'm glad you enjoyed a rush out of the game! It really could have gone either way!

No one shows passion in cricket like the south asian teams.... apart from Australia, but they're just plain brilliant and talented anyways!

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:43 pm

shaf wrote:'They' the Pakistani/Indian/Slovakian people that support there country for a day =)
Right... so for example, let's pretend you're a keen cricket supporter, and you support the Pakistani cricket team 24/7. And then all of a sudden, Pakistan participate in a hockey match, but you don't really watch or understand hockey that much. You wouldn't support them? Where's your loyalty? :s

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:57 pm

shaf wrote: And erm .. I haven't said that NOBODY should support their country.[/color]

You've implied that they can't support their country for a day during a match.

Bragging to you might be pride to them. I think you're just over-sensitive to be honest. Are you trying to tell me you wouldn't proudly announce to everyone how ecstatic you were for Pakistan if they had won?

Calm down! It's just a game! Which some people got a rush off!

C.I.A
AM Newbie

Post by C.I.A » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:08 am

LOL a bit late postin my views but here goes, it was a great match, a classic final that any cricket or sports fan for that matter would have enjoyed! It was played with great passion and this showed throughout the whole match. Congratulations to the indian team, theres no need for sour grapes india won simple as that, afterall like miss s pointed out its not about religion as there as muslims in the indian team too and religion should not be brought into sport. Btw miss s im pleasantly surprised at ur knowledge orf the game, good to see! just like to say about the australia bit miss s, yes they are class but now that they have lost there so called warne and mcgrath as well as langer, and when they do lose ponting then i want to see how they fair, if they do good then i think they can be called the greatest team ever no doubt, so far in my opinion there behind the viv richards west indian team! anyways final point to the pakistani and indian fans enjoy these moments as they may not come around often although we can only live in hope, indian supporters be humble in victory and pakistani supporters be gracious in defeat!

naan
AM Newbie

hmmm

Post by naan » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:11 pm

stil full of shit shaf :D lol joke

still cant get over that match misbahhh :@