Blackburn Mela?

Which night do we all need to check out next? Discuss the gigs and events you're looking forward to here.
Madeeha
Settled In

Post by Madeeha » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:34 pm

Anyone know when it is? According to my friends it's this weekend, but according to some random website it's later in July.
Aaaand if anyone *does* know when it's on, do you also know who's actually on the entertainment?
-_-' They really need a website with all the dates and stuff...

hacker
Radio Presenter

Post by hacker » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:16 am

<span style='color:orange'>Well, according to the bbc website which is usually correct, the mela will take place on 15th and 16th July... :D

The Rishi Rich Project, featuring Jay Sean, Juggy D and Veronica headlines a musical programme that will include Arabic, African, Bhangra and Bollywood dancers.

Other performers include Andrea, Jinx, Punjabi No 1, Shabz, Sabri Qawwal, Stereo Nation, Tariq Khan, plus Shukshider Shinda and his live band.

To visit the website <span style='color:blue'><a href='http://www.bbc.co.uk/lancashire/content/articles/2006/06/19/july_blackburn_mela_feature.shtml' target='_blank'>Click here</a></span></span>

<span style='color:orange'>Hope that helps... :D </span>
Keepin it real...

Madeeha
Settled In

Post by Madeeha » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:45 am

Woot, danke. Most kind ^_^ I would be eternally grateful and all that only I can't concentrate that long :D