Firefox

Intrigued by the latest technology? Stay up to speed and discuss games, gadgets, computers etc right here.
-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:50 pm

I was just reading a news article, in brief:

All computer users are being urged to UPDATE THEIR FIREFOX WEB BROWSER!

The reason being, there are some SERIOUS security lapses in older versions, which could allow malicious hackers to hijack computers.

It has also been warned that other Mozilla products including e-mail client, Thunderbird, and the internet application, Seamonkey, may also be affected.

<span style='color:yellow'>Users should make sure they have the most up-to-date version of Firefox, which is version 1.5.0.2.</span>

In general, it's useful to keep your softwares up-to-date anyway. Just be careful that it is a legitimate software update, and not spyware! :)
Remember where you heard it first - AsianMix.net

Senorita
Advanced Member

Post by Senorita » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:34 pm

yeah miss P

i read that somewhere - but i upgraded as soon as it was released :D

all you people who dont use mozilla firefox browser should start to !!!

IE ( Internet Explorer) is rubbish !!!!!!

<a href='http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/' target='_blank'>click here</a> to download it !!!
<b>You Must Carry A Chaos Inside You To Give Birth To A Dancing Star - Nietzsche</b>

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:29 pm

Umm is it your default browser? If it's popping outa no where.. maybe u need to update it :unsure:
Remember where you heard it first - AsianMix.net

Senorita
Advanced Member

Post by Senorita » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:05 pm

yea...

FIREFOX is better :D internet explorer 7 is out soon... its copied sooo many features that firefox has, e.g. the tab feature. for firefox you can also install so many extentions, such as themes, music player as part of the window, extra protection etc, it also comes with a built in pop up blocker. for IE, you always end up with a 'google toolbar' or 'yahoo toolbar' etc. or some sort of pop up blocker which i think looks a mess. there are more pros than cons for firefox, unlike IE. :D
<b>You Must Carry A Chaos Inside You To Give Birth To A Dancing Star - Nietzsche</b>

gurvinder
AM Newbie

Post by gurvinder » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:14 pm

IE is better and always will be!!

Militant
AM Newbie

Post by Militant » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:22 pm

Erm just thought i'd throw this in there to clear up the IE vs MF argument....

Mozilla Firefox "IS" better.... And for all of you who arguing IE's points.....

Mozilla Firefox has "Internet Explorer" tab :P so you can still run sites using IE within MF.

End of discussion :D